Monday, March 21, 2011

My weekend, the Wonder La and HOLI


 This last weekend was great. Lot of fun, different things to do, so wetted, so colored! And of course exhaustive. I don’t know why but every Monday I’m really tired. We should have a holiday in Monday to recover from the weekend. Anyway that’s how the weekend feels well, being tired only meant that was awesome! But let’s star by the beginning.

Friday night, my first party in Frazer palace, at least since I live there. The party was cool, Ronan make us left and a lot! Oh yeah Ronan, we have fun, lot of the time because of you. In the other point we had Cynthia and Claire, sick! I don’t know why but this week almost every girls of benson town and Frazer palace were sick, and from the same thing, I just would like to know why, what they were doing???!!! Coincidences… But returning to the party it went well, it was a calm party, basically we chat, but sometimes we don’t need more to have a nice party.

Also was the first time that Ricardo knew the people of benson town and other people that went to the party. By the way Ricardo is the new intern that arrived is last week. Another Portuguese! It’s so weird that palace now. We live 8 people there, yes you listen well, 8 people. And from that 8 only 3 don’t speak Portuguese. Before I came to India I was thinking, I won’t find anyone that will speak Portuguese with me, and the truth is that I lived with 4 people that speaks Portuguese. Too much weird! Some times I think, this is good? Or not really? I can’t answer to that question, only the time will answer to that, maybe…

In the next day we went to Wonder La! Wonder La is a thematic park, with a “dry part” and a aquatic park. When I went there I thought that was only an aquatic park. Wrong! We passed good moments there, for the first moment I went to a club where was raining! Pretty cool, some clubs could do the same. The park was cool, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was expecting big water falls, lot of excitement, but no way. I was thinking that I could find something like Aqualandia (Benidorm) as in last year, that was supreme (and also scary). Another thing that was weird for me was to find so much security there. For being honest I was expecting almost any security, but was completely the opposite, they had so much security, in some cases too much. With that we had to wait so much. I recommend it, to get out a little bit, out of the routine, go there. It’s not very “Indian” but everybody likes to have fun.

Now the best part of the weekend! Holi, one of the major festivals in India. The festival of colors. I don’t know all story about it (actually someone told me about it, but as usual I forget everything), so just imagine that is awesome. The best way to compare it, is for you to imagine the carnival when you’re kid, and you’re wetting everybody with water. Now just add so many colors in the the water, and also only the colors and throw it to the people, play with them. And you have Holi, basically the brief. We also add beer and a special drink of holi, bhang (I think) that is made of tea with milk and another thing that doesn’t matter! Actually I liked the drink, very sweet in my opinion. Like carnival, with holi you have to participate to feel it. Words are very pretty, but if you don’t participate you will never know how It’s holi. If you have the chance, do it! Just remember that some colors take some days (I’m being very optimist) to disappear. I’m still so much pink, oh yes, from all the colors, I’m basically pink with some green.

In general, a nice weekend passed in Bangalore, showing that we also can have fun in Bangalore, and without the necessity of going to IVES.

Next weekend I’m going to Goa (yes I know, again!). What can I do?!, I love it! I just hope for that time all the colors will have disappear, otherwise it will be a little embarrassing.

Have fun! And for people in Europe (and not only) enjoy spring!    

No comments:

Post a Comment