Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The first contact with Delhi

After many progresses and delays we finally got the tickets to Delhi, not by train as ( "my wallet") I wanted but by plane. The goal was going to Agra, to see the Taj Mahal but in the middle we had some adventures in Delhi. 

We land in Delhi trying to get a bus or a train to Agra. According the securities in the airport our best shot was the bus. They indicate us for where we should go and we leave to the inter state bus station. When we arrive to the bus station we entered by the back side of the bus station. Right here I started to think if that was a bus station. The station it seemed a building that was just started to build with constructions everywhere, at the same time that hundreds of people were walking there. Even the people that had their business there didn't stop, they do their life as nothing was going on there. We look for the ticket office, but without success, how could we find the tickets with constructions and workers everywhere??!!! The people didn't speak English but the worst was that they started to talk with us in Hindi as if we were understanding them. They understood perfectly that we didn't speak Hindi, but still they were talking and talking. People would come and go trying to tell us something I guess but after some minutes we were still on the same place without tickets, without knowing what to do! At some point I thought how the hell i'm going to Agra??? The place was chaotic, chaotic as i never saw and this was my 4th month in India but I never saw nothing like this. But the say was just beginning... In the middle of this chaos we found a man that could say some words in English, he told us that we were in wrong station and we should go for another. Without saying nothing he grabs my hand, he writes the initials of the other bus station and he points the place where we should take the bus. He made more some questions, but we stayed there without any answers. We try to get a bus to the other bus station but where we supposed to take the bus, we went to the point where he shows but we din't see nothing. We show the initials to the people there, no one knew what meant. We back to the square one, no square minus one because now my patience was below the standard level. We started to realize that as much as the Indians would love to help us they could't do it. I still don't understand if it's a good or bad thing when the Indians try to help us, even if they don't know.  

The solution was to go by train, the bus was giving us too much troubles. In the beginning we try to go by metro but only to buy a ticket we would be there some nice hour. We try to get a rickshaw but like in the bus station the rickshaw drivers would't understand us, even words like railway or train they would't understand. Finally we got an old man, nice one and it was a rickshaw a real rickshaw not the auto rickshaw. Our first adventure in a rickshaw. He was old but what a strength he possessed, later we realize that this was our best driver, what a man!  

Well new station, different kind of station, exactly the same situation as in the old. Chaos reigned here. This is  the city of chaos, I realize that on this day. I was so used to the train station in Bangalore, I now how difficult can be to get a ticket, but here was out of my imagination that could happen. In this day I started to realize how I love Bangalore, how Bangalore was such a nice place. After some "fights" I got the tickets, but still the number of the platform was wrong. Now I was thinking "I'm going to lose the train!" but in the end everything work well. Well in the moments during the day I said bad of my life but now that i return back I believe that this are the experiences that we only can have in India, in the amazing India! 

No comments:

Post a Comment